Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Please note that we will not be funding a number of programmes for the year 2023/24. To confirm if there will be funding for your programme of interest, please look at the list below:
Bilateral Exchange of Academics • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Please note: This programme funds exchanges between scientists and researchers from Germany and its partner countries. Funding is available when German researchers also apply for research visits to the partner countries.
Duration of the funding
- At least 14 days (for stays from applicants from EU countries as well as from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Ukraine: at least 7 days) up to a maximum of three months. Please indicate in your application form how long you wish to receive funding. The funding period will then be determined during the selection process, taking into account your study plan.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of:
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- Unless otherwise regulated by bilateral agreements, the costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research project