Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Bilateral Exchange of Academics • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
- At least 14 days (for stays from applicants from EU countries as well as from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine: at least 7 days) up to a maximum of three months. The length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of:
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- Unless otherwise regulated by bilateral agreements, the costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research project