This programme aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
What can be funded?
- The programme funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language / terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- You can find out about course providers and programmes on the DAAD website under: www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste.
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.
You can find more details on how to apply here
Please note that to be considered for an opportunity to take part in the HSK Programme you will need a valid language certificate.
Because of the current situation in the countries, the DAAD will be offering special appointments in the month of November to enable you take a language test. This language test will take only about 15 minutes. The dates for the exams for applicants from Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Burundi are as shown below:
Wednesday, 18.11.2020 between 11 am – 2 pm EAT, or
Wednesday 25.11.2020 between 2 pm - 5pm EAT or
Thursday, 26.11.2020, between 11am – 2 pm EAT.
Please contact Jenny Stark on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book an appointment in advance.